Piracy Surveillance Job We Are Currently NOT Contracting Investigators
To Perform This Surveillance Job, You Will Need:
1. A digital camera for a few photos. A small video camera preferred but not required. No
older cell phone cameras. iPhone, Blackberry, or newer Smartphone usually OK, but
manager or recruiter needs to approve usage. Shooting a good quality 1 1/2 to 2
minute (minimum) continuous video inside the establishment pays extra money but is
not required. Photos of exterior of establishment committing piracy is required, so you
need a digital camera.
2. To fill out (help is provided), sign and get an affidavit notarized for each illegal/pirated
event you observed. We do not cover the cost of notary fees you may incur. Some
banks do this for free.
3. To motivate yourself to make a lot (100+) of phone calls a day or two before the PPV
event and ask if the bar/restaurant/club is showing the PPV event. Compile your own
lead list of establishments that say YES WE ARE SHOWING the pay per view event on
such and such day. You then compare your lead list to the official LEGAL LIST
you’ll have access to the night prior to the event. The LEGAL LIST shows all
legitimate/paying customers in the entire United States for that specific PPV event.
*** Compare your LEAD LIST to the LEGAL LIST and you’ll know right away which
establishment is planning to commit piracy ***
4. To have and know how to use MS Word, Adobe Reader, Excel, and send attachments
via email. In addition, you'll need to know how to search online for names, phone #'s
and addresses of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. We do not provide the list of
establishments in your territory that you will be calling. We only provide the Legal List.
5. To have a reliable vehicle.
6. To not be timid or shy. You will be quickly bar/club/restaurant hopping from one illegal
establishment to the next.
7. To make time (several hours on Friday) the day before the event to make the phone
calls mentioned in #3. If you can't motivate yourself to make lots of calls, this job is not
8. To be reliable. Unreliable and non-motivated people don't make it through the phone
9. To have money for cover charges to enter certain bars and restaurants, which we will
reimburse you for. This job requires you drive from establishment to establishment, so
you must have funds for gasoline.
10. To have your own cell phone that can both send and receive text messages.
This is required. Smartphones with web browsing ability preferred.
Motivation: a desire to achieve a goal, combined with the energy to work towards that goal.